Friday 12 March 2010

Baaaaaacck!

Miss me?

Ok so yeah, I've decided to start blogging again. Basically I moved my blog to DC in an attempt to re-inspire myself, but this didn't work, and I decided to pick up where I left off. I used to beat 25NL for a very decent clip back in October, moved up to 50NL where I ran terribly, then started tilting chronically, I couldn't deal with my downswing and it caused me to pretty much move backwards in my poker career if you like.

I had my first losing month, followed by another, followed by another, and I dropped over $1.5k of my roll. Basically I just fell out of love with poker, with a belief I can still be great at it, but without the motivation or the mindset, so everything was wrong.

In February I withdrew my roll, deposited $1k again and decided that I'd had enough, and the only way I'm gonna move on up is by moving back down. So that's what I did. 40BI at 25NL, and I'd move back up at 40BI for 50NL, simple. But I didn't play much, I just went out a ton, got back my social life and hardly played, however I've found a new balance in my life, which involves me sleeping at 5am and waking at 9am, that way I manage to fit in Poker, Work and a social life! EZ game right!

At the start of March I had a prop with a mate that we have to play 25k hands each, which would smash my monthly record by some distance. I've well on course. I ran terrible at 25NL 6max, and was 6BI under EV in like 7k hands, and just couldn't win an all in, however I tried out Rush and am smashing it at the moment, so I may look to build my roll at this, and eventually move back to 6max before heading to 50NL, but it's soooo nice to be winning again and not tilting.

I'm also working on my game a lot, my redline is improving a lot as I seek thinner spots and keep pushing my edge, and I'm looking forward to getting a hell of a lot better in the next 6 months. I'll also be combing my p90x adventure in here too, if you haven;t heard of it, it's a 90 day intensive training programme, a lot of 2+2r's have raved about it, so me and a friend are checking it out, I'll keep y'all updated.

So yeah, time to grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment