Saturday 31 October 2009

October Review

Overall, I guess the month was a small success. I didn't get in half as many hands as I wanted too, mainly because of FIFA '10. Although, even when I wasn't playing the game, I still wasn't all that focused on grinding. Mainly because I couldn't be bothered dealing with the expected swings of 50NL, I'd just begun crushing 25NL on a regular basis and it felt good, and after I took my shot at 50NL, I expected to get crushed eventually, and when it didn't happen, I didn't wanna play because I thought it would come sooner rather than later, but then I couldn't motivate myself to play for smaller at 25NL, so I was kinda stuck.

Goals wise, I did quite well:
[x] Take shots at 50NL - They went very well, although just over break even, I've yet to move down so I'm delighted, rakeback has been huge too, so I highly doubt I'll be grinding 25NL in the future, unless for other certain purposes.
[x] Focus more on decisions - Definitely sorted this one out. Without this I'd have got crushed, I'm proud of myself that I've spotted two leaks in the last couple of months, mental leaks, and plugged them with consummate ease. They were both holding me back, FPS and focusing, I guess they're kinda in the same boat, but I've improved so much after focusing a lot more on the tables, aswell as of it.
[x] Watch more DC/Stox - Was kinda meh on this one, I'd say I watched 6 videos through the month, 2 of which were in the last 2 days. I think I'll set a bar of 10 next month, Stox and DC, I think I need to nail the Mathematics of NLHE from WiltOnTilt, this may uncover a leak, I don't do much math on or off the table, we'll see. I'll pass it for this month though.
[ ] Book some coaching - Didn't need too! Did well enough to continue on my own, but will definitely review this next month, I'll certainly get a coach before I take shots at 100NL.

Profits wise, it was decent, +$583 inc. rakeback. Not huge, but plodding along nicely, and considering I only put in 17k hands, it's not bad. I've set a goal for a $1k month before the end of 2009, which should happen in December depending on the hours I put in. Which kind of brings me to a next point, I've been offered a temp. job from 6th Dec-31st Dec, hours are 10pm-6am, so my clock will be insane, plus I dunno how much time I'll have to grind! Especially as the games from 6am-11am UK time are pretty fk'in poor. =[ Here are the graphs and stats:

25NL Graph w/stats













50NL Graph w/stats













Month Graph w/stats













So as you can see, 25NL was very good, 50NL was okay, I started okay, just had a wee downswing at the end, and got most of it back, although still need to work on the rest next month. I've been thinking over some aims for the next month, and they are (drumroll):

  • Play 30k hands @ 50NL
  • Watch 10 coaching videos
  • Profit for the month overall
  • Read the Theory 4rum @ 2+2 more
  • Gather a maths base for Poker
I think that'll do, I may look at coaching but I might save that until December, I may also withdraw some money for a new laptop, I'm in dire dire need of a machine that actually runs half decent, but for now, time to watch get a buddy into Fringe at last. ;l

No comments:

Post a Comment