Saturday 29 August 2009

Dilemma, Help Me!?

Ok, I've spotted a 22" monitor in the Stars Store, it's sexy as fuck, and this is it.Now I have 10k FPP's, this baby cost 26k. I can earn about 4k per month give or take with GoldStar, so it'll give me about 4 months IMO, although I'd hope to be at 50NL by then, so I'd say 3 months, max 4. The dilemma is, whether I should move to FullTilt for Rakeback? I have an RB account over there but the player pool just seems so much smaller than Stars, and I've heard it's definitely a lot tougher because of the reg:fish ratio. I don't mind sitting with regs at my tables as I feel I can exploit a lot of their weak tendencies, but having a bigger pool will definitely make it more benifical, but is it worth going with RB for it?

Or should I stay another month @ Stars until I've gotten a better winrate at 25NL, and then move to FullTilt? HELP!

3 comments:

  1. Over 9682 hands at FT (so, very small sample size) I've racked up $40.78 in rakeback.
    Purely in terms of RB%, from what I've read you need to be hitting Supernova on 'Stars to beat what you get back from FT. I'm not sure how any FT store purchases and/or Iron Man rewards affect this, if at all. Also remember that cashing out costs you in terms of MGR and therefore rakeback, so factor that in if you withdraw money fairly regularly.
    I have no idea on game quality on either site, I would assume that table selection, i.e. waiting longer on FT, could roughly balance the two out ?

    That monitor is going for £190 at ebuyer, I spent £172 on a 2343BW, 23", slightly higher resolution and you get the landscape=>portrait option. From looking at the 'Stars store, the 240HD looks very tempting at 40k points.
    http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1335726

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I saw the prices on a different site, that's about $320 afaik.

    And I rarely withdraw so that won't be a problem.

    Thanks for the links, I'll definitely look into the 240HD one, it looks sexy as, only 36k too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "it's sexy as fuck" - omg, gotta agree with that.

    ReplyDelete