Tuesday 18 August 2009

Job, College and Poker

Okay so I had an interview on Saturday, which went very well. Said I would have got the job on the spot 12 months ago but in the recession their getting so many good applicants for jobs that he needs to go away and think about it, so he said he'll give me a call in a few days after he interviewed the rest of the applicants. Really hoping I get it, like desperately hoping I get it.

I rung my college and spoke to finance, they said the course is £1.3k, which is a big no no at the moment. Unless of course my 2 NVQ's don't count as full NVQ's for the coming year, which I hope to God is the case, and I also hope that if I'm able to do the course without paying, that the hours aren't too long as if I get the job, the hours are 17:30-21:30 Mon/Tue/Wed, and 18:30-22:30 on Thur/Fri, so I don't wanna have to turn down college because I'm working silly hours.

In all honesty, the only reason I'm going back to college is for a bigger circle of friends, something to do in the day, and some more qualifications. I'd prefer to play Poker for a living over anything else realistic at the moment, and although I really would like to go into computing, I don't wanna borrow money from family when I know they can't afford it, and then in 3 years down the line finish college and not even get a career in the field to follow it up, give them the money back and say "thanks, but I didn't even need it."

Poker wise I took a day or two off last week because I was playing well behind my best, and it was costing me. I was real tired too the majority of the week do I didn't feel like grinding. I put in 500 hands last night and was up just under a BI, although it should have been a lot more. In general I'm finding 25NL easy, I just fail to make lay downs and continue to make stupid river calls, so I need for that to change before I gain a decent WR, I don't even look at my WR that's how meh it is, I think I'm just breaking even.

Football started on saturday, fuck yeah! 6-1 away to Everton, sick result and a sick performance. Got Celtic away tonight which won't be easy, generally we're the better team, but at Parkhead I believe they could probably beat most teams in the world, their fans are pretty much like their 12th man over there, so an early goal or two to silence them would be perfect for the rest of the night. I'd settle for a score draw (away goal), although a clean sheet and a win would be perfect.

1 comment:

  1. hey man nice blog... good to see someone at the same level as me at the mo.. although your disclipline is miles ahead of mine.

    oh yeah gooner too - good work!

    ReplyDelete