Monday 27 April 2009

Bankroll Management

I have never been a complete Bankroll nit in my short time as a player, I've never played completely underolled as I've read too many sob stories of how it ends up, that's not to say I've never wanted to take shots at 100NL on a couple of occasions, but I've kind of fiddled around with what I can beat. For instance, I moved to 5NL when I hit $80, when real BRM suggested $200, and I moved to 10NL when I was at $170, which was close enough. I knew I could beat 5NL so it didn't matter so much, 10NL is a little bit of a bigger leap and I did okay however I had to cash out some dosh anyways so I moved back to 5NL, so I was never a BRM rebel so to speak, I stuck reaonably close to it.

This time however, I'll be going with it all the way so I can actually maintain a roll if I hit another sick downswing like I just experienced. I guess most of it was tilt and changing my game too much, maybe getting too technically with players who couldn't understand what I was doing, which in effect casued me to spew I guess. So the rules will be as follows;
  • Move up when I have 20 buyins for the level above.
  • Move down when I only have 17 buyins for the level.
So although I know I can beat 5NL, I won't be moving back until I hit $200, and although I'm pretty sure I can beat 10NL for a decent winrate too, I don't think I'll move up until I hit $400. Although technically the buyin is the same, the stakes are more than doubled therefore I feel double the roll is just as important than double the buyin.

I will not be cashing out again. Even if I'm desperate for money, I won't be going it. I might however, move my roll to an account created in my sisters name, just to clear a 250FPP bonus to get me 12 months at StoxPoker.
  1. I feel comfortable at Stars, the players, the software, everything about it.
  2. I know I can beat Stars, from 2NL to 10NL, no problems.
  3. I don't want to get to know a new site just to clear a bonus.
  4. Stox will help me improve me my game which will be vital for 25NL+.
This won't be for a little while obviously, but I plan to do it at some stage in the future for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment