Wednesday 29 April 2009

First 1k - Learning Curve

So last night I completed 1.5k hands, I lost a BI which you can read about in the post below, but I'm glad I did as it taught me 2 things.
  1. When fish shove the river, they have the nuts.
  2. I remember how to beat 2NL, 11/6.
Trust the fish, I remember how small ball I used to play, if I'm gonna call a bet, I may as well be the aggressor in the hand, and I take down a lot of small pots, which is basically what the deuce is all about, taking the small pots and every now and then getting the big ones too. I didn't feel comfortable with 4 tbles, it was boring folding every hand gt tiresome so I moved to 6 and it was a lot more bearable, so today when I get back to an even $40, I'll be 8 tabling 2Nl for more hands and hopefully a better hourly rate, obviously the goal here is to get out of here as soon as possible.

I'm just moving the 2005 HU Championship to my PS3 so I can watch it while I'm playing. I've watched the first 3 episodes of the 2009 Championship and it was cool, so I watched the 2008 event and it looked quite fun, just finished downloading 2005 and 2006 the other day, although 2007 is going real slow as it's not hosted at thepokerbay (N).

Anyways, I'll write back when I finish the session later this afternoon, Arsenal vs. Man Utd tonight so I won't be grinding, plus I've got babysitting duties tomorrow so I'll be going to my sister's after, thus my next grind won't be until tomorrow evening, deep into the early hours and continuing on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment