Sunday 26 April 2009

New Beginnings

Previously I had a blog which basically begun with me grinding $30. I took it to over $300, before withdrawing $220, then going on a sick downswing and break even stretch, leaving me with $25. I was beating 10NL, but it all went wrong, 5NL became a joke, and I couldn't even profit at 2NL, probably because of tilt and the mental block. Trust me, if you're underolled as it is, don't withdraw, it's a huge mistake which effected my game, and also many others who's posts I've read on twoplustwo, I'm not quite sure what it is, but it fucked me up pretty hard. So I added $15 from my bank, and will regrind it from $40, and this will begin Wednesday 29th April. The aims for the next month are as follows, and I originally I wasn't going to begin my grind until they were done, but I aim to get them done in May.
  • Read every topic in the 2+2 sticky thread.
  • Watch every available video at PokerTrikz.
  • Read the whole of Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1.
  • Stick to within my bankroll limits, which I'll specify.
  • Play 30,000 hands through the whole month.
I will begin watching tonight, and will begin reading tomorrow afternoon. I also have Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1 coming sometime next week, so I will be reading that every night, at least 10 pages. Obviously I plan to read a lot more, but the bare minimum is 10 pages at a time, I feel like I only reading take it when I get into it and focus. I will focus on 2NL, playing small ball poker, that involves not betting on draws heavily, being ready to fold big hands in spots I'm pretty sure I'm beat, and trusting the opponents lines more than I did before, which include c/c, c/c on a 2flush flop and turn, and then leading out on the river, I reviewed some session in PT and some o the money I leaked was a joke in spots like this.

Keepin' the grind on my mind, and my mind on the grind..

No comments:

Post a Comment