Friday 8 May 2009

Check-Raising The Devil

This is a really awesome book, really awesome, I couldn't put it down. It came yesterday morning, and I'd finished it by this afternoon, I couldn't put it down. I'm not really an avid reader by any means, I enjoy autobiographies and enjoy Poker, so it was perfect, and it didn't fail to amaze me.

Mike Matusow's an interesting character anyway, misunderstood? Maybe. Everyone knows of his drug related problems and mental problems that have occurred because of it, and it was an amazing insight into his early life, through the good times, the bad times and the unlucky times, right through the whole drug dealing scandal and being fucked over by the police.

The chapters were short, but they kept me gripped. I went to bed at about 11pm last night, and I was still reading it at 4am, "just another chapter, just another chapter, okay one more, one more." I finished it off this afternoon and I'd really recommend the book to everyone, I think it's been withheld in American until 12th May because the front cover came out too dark, but when it hits the shop, buy it immediately.

It was humerous in parts, shocking in others but addictive all the way through. I loved it an dit's just a shame I've finished it, I could have gone on reading it for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment