Sunday 31 May 2009

Grinding SnG's

So I have recently suffered some serious burnout and haven't played much in the last week, I've just been playing set of 6 $1 SnG's while I'm bored and downloading some videos from DeucesCracked, and it's been going well. Played about 45 and have a 20% ROI which is obviously okay, I don't see it a long term thing, but it'll never hurt to have an edge in SnG's too when I'm bored and what not.

As you may have just read, I have subscribed to DeucesCracked too, I've watched quite a few video series os far and I must say it's definately helped a little, especially implied odds. Prime example, I'm in the SB with 44, it's folded to the BTN who makes a standard 3.5x raise, I'd usually flat here and set mine if we're both effectively the villains stack is 20-25x bigger than the raise, but realistically, what is flatting acheiving here? Call and fold any flop that doesn't give me a set, this is spew? 3bet or fold, simple, the villain's range is so wide on the BTN or CO that I can 3bet here and usually take it down, or I could have the best hand on the flop 70% of the time and still fold, it just doesn't make sense if I don't 3bet or fold here.

I've also got 14VPP's left to get before I get Platinum, I'll update that when I hit before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment