Sunday 3 May 2009

Oops, [ ] BRM

So I got bored at 2NL, I can't grind 9 tables for 4 hours, get 2 coolers at the end and be about $2 in profit, I just can't take it anymore. Even when I'm not getting coolered I just can't profit at it, I'm beating it for about 2ptbb/100, which is gonna take me an age to hit 5NL again, especially as I've probably played 10k hands and am up about $8. [ ] Suicide.

I know $50 isn't enough to be playing 5NL, especially as I can't deposit again (I'm sure I could if I needed too :P ), so I'm buying in for 100BB's, not 200, so $5, the same as 2NL. Obviously the variance is gonna be a lot higher, but I know I can beat it well and my game is suited the more I move up, so it'll be a lot more bearable.

I was considering grinding the $3.40 45 mans, but again, [ ] rolled. $1.10 45 mans, [ ] time. I'm at my sisters and the shopping is expected any minute so I didn't wanna load 4/6 tables up and then have to go away for 15 minutes while it's all delivered, so I decided I was gonna do it when I got home tonight. But, then I decided to go for 5NL, and I lost half a BI when my TT's AI on the flop lost to JJ, 259r board, I was pretty sure he had an overpair aswell, so that focused me a lot more too.

So far so good though, got that half BI back plus a little more plus playing a solid pure TAG game, folding KJ UTG, folding KQo to a raise and a call, playing premiums and set mining, and it appears to be working so far, although I've yet to get caught in a tough spot so we'll see.

The road to valuetown is a pretty one IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment